Friday, September 11, 2009

Family Picnic at Spring Mill State

My parents live in Indiana, my sister and family live in Alaska, my brother and family live in Mexico, as do we. Because we live so far apart, we rarely have the opportunity to spend time together. But, this summer we were all able to meet in Indiana to celebrate with my parents, the completion of their 30 years of ministry at Faith Mission Church in Bedford. Then on Monday, we enjoyed a great day at one of our favorite places: Spring Mill State Park in Mitchell, Indiana.


Marci (Miller) Webb (she's Melodie's sister, and married to my cousin, Anthony Webb), Vonnie (Sankey) Bryan, Melodie (Miller) Sankey and I cheering our dad, husbands, and kids during their softball game.


My mom and her sister, Deb (Ferguson) Collins watch the game, as well.


Our teams! :o)



Celebrating my dad's brother, Doc Sankey's, 80th birthday. Uncle Dan Collins in background.


Marc's youngest son and Vonnie's 3 youngest sons.



Dad, Uncle Doc, my mom's mom (Grandma Ferguson, age 96!), and Aunt Deb.


Our son, Kent, with Vonnie's daughters. In the background are our daughter, Maria, her boyfriend, Joe Hough, and Vonnie's oldest son, Drew.


Maria and Joe.


3 comments:

Vonnie said...

Precious memories... how they linger!!!

Tamra said...

Looks like a fun family day. I like Spring Mill, but haven't been there in years! I'm enjoying all your photos.

sankey family said...

What an awesome day that was! I'm so glad we were able to come up from Mexico to participate in Mom and Dad's celebration on Sunday and to enjoy this fun family day at Spring Mill. Times like this are few and far between, but oh so precious! (I so love the picture of us girls - if you enlarge it you can see we are all really laughing at something...maybe it was Andrew's rolled up pants..lol)